Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Taking it day by day

I can hardly believe that we're already 7 days into the New Year and I've yet to do a post...just goes to show how busy we've been! I hope your family had a wonderful Christmas season - I know we did! Between Christmas, then trying to get everything with the business ready to close out 2008 and then trying to work on getting ready for baby girl, we've been quite busy!

As of tomorrow, I'm officially 39 weeks...not that I'm counting! ;) We were able to get the nursery painted over the holidays - a rich brown color..."mocha syrup" to be exact. It turned out even better than I had hoped and is a great match to the nursery fabric! We still haven't done much on the walls, but I'm all about a low-stress life these days, so I'm not putting too much pressure on myself to have a 100% complete nursery before baby girl is born...far more important to just enjoy this time, is my theory!

We've had some great family time...enjoyed Walker immensely - his language acquisition is absolutely amazing and we're loving every minute of it! He even calls the baby by name, which is so much fun! All-in-all there are a few more things I'd like to cross off my list before the birth, got several marked off today, in fact! Other than that, we're just taking life as it comes, one day at a time, and enjoying each other as a family! We'll keep you posted!

5 comments:

Lana said...

So glad you and your family had a great Christmas holiday. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers as you get closer and closer to your new arrival! Lana :)

WILLOW TREE said...

Way to have your priorities in line! It is all about the day by day, not the completed nursery. Although, if you post pictures of the nursery I might just drool; sure do love baby rooms. But seriously here's a high five from me for concentrating on what Matters. Have a good and safe last week before babygirl come!

Blessings, Carolynn

Nancy M. said...

Wow! You're almost there! I don't blame you for taking it kind of easy. Enjoy you last little bit of time with only one child! The nursery color sounds nice.

diary of a cellist said...

Hey Jodi, I didn't know you were expecting! Oh wow, and happy new year!

Autumn said...

I can't wait for baby C to get here. I'm so excited!!! I've been thinking, and I decided that I think you should let me be in the delivery room INSTEAD of the grandmothers! Don't tell them I said so though :) I want to be the 3rd person to hold her, instead of the 30th! Love you :)