Sunday, April 13, 2008

Week in Review

So I have to confess...I found out I was pregnant in January of 2006 and almost immediately any desire I had ever had to cook went out the window. I was very fortunate in that I didn't really have any morning sickness at all...however, I did just feel nauseated from time to time...especially when I smelled food cooking...especially if I was cooking it. My sweet husband was very patient with me and we cooked some together, I cooked some from time to time and we did a lot of eating out. Now mind you...we're fairly frugal people, so the majority of our eating out was probably under $15 for a meal for both of us (including tip) - sometimes under $12...we have a great little place down the road from us, Classic Cafe that takes Buddy's Lot coupons, but I digress. It's now 2+ years later and I've just never gotten back into the swing of cooking like I should. It feels like a constant battle for me...I finally realized that it's not so much the cooking, but the coming up with what to cook that drives me crazy, so we've both started working together to come up with weekly menu options and then it's much easier to do the cooking without feeling like I'm shouldering a huge burden. All of that to say, I thought I would share what we cooked this past week as well as a recipe that we came up with for a delightful stir-fry. In addition to maybe sharing some dinner planning ideas I know that posting menus here will also help hold me accountable to cook the way I should! So here is our deal for last week:

Monday: Chinese takeout @ my parents' house (before they went on vacation)
Tuesday: dinner @ Classic on the way to pick up Walker
Wednesday: Tacos/Gorditas with refried beans and fixings
Thursday: Chicken/Veggie Stirfry w/ Lomein Noodles (recipe to follow)
Friday: Spaghetti w/ meatballs
Saturday: meatball subs

No comments: