Sunday, December 28, 2008

fun @ CVS


I haven't played the CVS game a whole bunch, but have been trying to get better at it. One of the most important parts to getting started, as I've learned, is getting your coupons organized. I have always struggled with coupons...I love the idea, but have never been organized enough to handle them. I'm now keeping my coupons, unclipped, in page protectors, by week, in a 3-ring binder. It's working pretty darn well.

Tonight, I went and did 2 separate transactions...I was pretty happy with the result! I would take a pic for you, but I'm spending some quality time on the couch and being lazy...maybe tomorrow...anyway, I got:

3 bottles of Tide
2 bottles of Pantene
1 quattro razor
1 colgate
2 blistex ointments
2 bottles dawn dishwashing liquid
3 caramels - for Brad :)

total for all these: 61.33
savings: 50.35 ($14 ECBs & $7 CVS coupons & $10.25 manuf coupons & 19.10 savings)
total spent: 10.97
OOP: zero - used gift card balance to pay 10.97

I've still got a long way to go and more to learn (of course I found another Colgate coupon after I got home!), but had a lot of fun this afternoon/tonight playing the game! Some great websites to check out if you're interested in joining the fun:
Most importantly, save a little $$ and have some fun!

3 comments:

Autumn said...

Good work! It's all about making it work for you. Love you :)

WILLOW TREE said...

WOW - I need to jump in the CVS couponing game too - way to go!

Blessings, Carolynn

Screaming Meme said...

Im trying to learn that game too! :) Hi, My name is Meme from Screaming Meme! I want to personally invite you to share in a blog I just started...called Project: {Create A Home}...It is a blog that we all share in...we teach each other how to create a better life in 2009! I would love for you to join in...whether you want to be a writer, a follower or a commenter...we would love to have you! I have a personal blog called Screaming Meme...It is going to be a DIY 2009 year over there! I look forward to getting to know you! Meme