Meatballs - mix together and roll into small balls:
- 1 c bread crumbs
- 2 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 3 eggs
- 1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce (not the gel stuff!)
- 1 (15-20oz) can sauerkraut
- 1 bottle chili sauce (condiment aisle near the ketchup & cocktail sauce)
- 1 empty chili bottle of water
- 1/2 c brown sugar
Spread meatballs (I use them frozen, straight from the freezer) to cover lasagna pan - I think it's a 10x14.
Cover with the sauce. Bake at 350 degress for 2-2 1/2 hours. You can also use a crockpot, but I find the oven to be much nicer. It makes a much thicker, richer sauce.
So when you need a quick, go-to recipe - give this one a try! Even if sauerkraut or cranberries aren't your thing...try it anyway - once the sauce comes together, you really can't distinguish any of the individual ingredients. Goes great with mashed potatoes! Enjoy!