Friday, February 20, 2009

Bless this Nest

Have you been to the Nesting Place yet? I hope so - but if not, boy are you in for a treat! I have always wished that I had the decorating gene, but alas I do not. Periodically I am able to pull together a look that I like...

but more often than not, I end up at a loss. Enter Nester- her motto is it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful...that's been very liberating for me! Several weeks back, Nester started a 10 minute challenge - small things that you can do to spruce up a room without spending a lot of time or $$ - now that is right up my alley! I've still got a long way to go, but am loving implementing some of what I've been learning from her. I've been working in my den...on top of our TV armoire...

and on one of our big walls...
this one definitely still needs some work - a few more hanging picture frames, some other odds & ends for the top shelf & I need to get that W painted, for sure - but it's been fun to play with nonetheless! Head on over to the Nesting Place & check out other great 10 minute spruce-ups!!


edited to add: this is the top of our armoire @ night...we used an extra strand of Christmas lights up on top, so it gives off a nice glow and makes the display even more homey and enjoyable! Love it!! Thanks Nester for encouragement in the right direction!!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Your photo wall looks great!

Unknown said...

Great job, I love your style!

Sherri said...

Love the top of your entertainment center. That was my makeover too. Heart the STAR! And all of your touches are so cozy feeling.

Deidra said...

I love the "Family" on top of your entertainment center. Words are my favorite!

Holly said...

That looks really good! Good work!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Everything looks so great. I love the blue walls with the black accents. So pretty!

Jen

amylouwhosews said...

looks great! babysteps, right? I still have disaster zones all over my little house - at least I've got a comfy room to sleep in now....

I love the blue walls too.

Thanks for coming by my blog!

southerninspiration said...

If you don't have a decorating gene, then whose did you borrow??? It looks great, and I know you are enjoying looking at it!!!

Suzanne

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Isn't it fun playing with accessories? You did a great job here. And... I like the "w" white. It pops!
~Misti

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

I just love what you did. Good job! I love the look with the barn stars.

michelle said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! congrats on your baby girl!

Leila said...

Thanks for stopping by!

I think the top of the entertainment center is a great place to make a focal point -- take people's minds off of what's inside :)

Great job!

Gina said...

That's a great arrangement, I really like the picture with the tree too!

Anonymous said...

I like the little bits of red and blue you have sprinkled throughout. I think that touch of unexpected color makes everything look sophisticated.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Monica said...

I love the shelves,I had some but never put them up cause I didn't know what to put on them.Wish I would have kept them now.

Nora said...

Love the star and pics! I need to get some shelves put up. My walls are bare. Thanks for stopping by :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jodi, you did some great work. I love the blue you used on your walls, and the top of your entertainment center rocks!

Have a blessed Sunday :o)


Victoria

Joni said...

Looking good - much better than clutter :) I'm still in the clutter stage but hope to move out of it soon!

Unknown said...

That's a great idea for using the Christmas lights.